An all-hands fire broke out tonight at 35 Ingraham Street, home of taxidermy-n’-whiskey lair Alaska.

According to the FDNY, the fire was called in at 9:49 p.m. and took nearly an hour to be brought under control.

Will Jackson, a patron, told Bedford + Bowery via Twitter that he and his friends had just grabbed a seat at the bar when “it filled with smoke. We were like, ‘Oh, a smoke machine. So fun.’ LOL no.” He posted the above Vine with the hashtag #GrabYourDrinks.

(Photo: Alexandra Glorioso)

(Photo: Alexandra Glorioso)

Jackson and a friend speculated that it was an electrical fire. Alaska’s phone was temporarily disconnected when we called to confirm.

If you’re close to 35 Ingraham and can let us know how the bar’s looking, or you’re one of the owners, leave a comment or e-mail us.

Update: B + B contributor Alexandra Glorioso stopped by around 1:30 a.m. and found an Emergency Services crew on the scene. They said the Red Cross had moved about four tenants from the apartment next door to a nearby hotel because of smoke damage. They estimated the rebuilding of Alaska could take months. ‘These kinds of fires are common — due to faulty wires, power surges, and overheating in the summer,” said the crew’s field director.

Update: Alaska May Be Closed For Weeks After ‘Freak Electrical Fire’