If you thought the photos that Terry Richardson just posted of Jared Leto at the Bowery Hotel were hot, then you should’ve seen the fire that broke out there this morning.
Actually, you’d never know it by the circus outside, but it was just a small kitchen blaze that was put out quickly by the FDNY. There were no injuries.
Jim Hodgens, deputy chief of Manhattan Division One, said units received a call from the hotel at 10:58 a.m and were on site within three minutes. The blaze was first sparked in duct work above the oven’s exhaust system and “extended to upper floors,” he said.
While the restaurant and some guests were evacuated, the majority of patrons were allowed to stay because “they weren’t in any danger,” according to Hodgens.
The hotel’s restaurant is scheduled to open later this afternoon.