The film selection is an eclectic mix of the heavily family-friendly — Beauty and The Beast, Finding Dory, The Lego Batman Movie — and a few edgier selections like Get Out. The series is sponsored by Amazon Studios, who will also be doing previews of two Amazon Studios originals — Landline, the new dysfunctional family dramedy from the Obvious Child team, and Crown Heights, a Sundance drama (adapted from a This American Life episode) about a wrongfully imprisoned man.
The free, eight-week film series starts the 10th with Beauty and The Beast and shows films each Monday at 7 pm on the beach at West 12th Street in Coney Island.
Here’s the schedule:
● July 10 – Beauty and The Beast
● July 17 – Landline (special Amazon Studios sneak preview)
● July 24 – Finding Dory
● July 31 – La La Land
● August 7 – Get Out
● August 14 – The Lego Batman Movie
● August 21 – Crown Heights (special Amazon Studios sneak preview)
● August 28 – Star Wars: Rogue One