Oh, Blue Ribbon, you’re such a tease!
Today we noticed a brood of manager- and chef-types clucking around the well-lit cafeteria-like interior of the forthcoming Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken — and this sign posted on the Second Avenue entrance: “Almost open….. (Not quite yet) Cluck Yeah!”
How almost is almost? Reps say the Bromberg Brothers’ latest culinary offspring will hit the East Village’s NoHoEaoNoHo neighborhood Monday.
You know the honey-drizzled fried chicken from Brooklyn Bowl. It’ll be served as dinners with rosemary bread, pickles and fries here, and reps say the following will also be on offer (we’ve added a few prices from the menu that now hangs in the space).
- By the piece: breast ($5.50), thigh ($3.75), drumstick ($2.50), wing ($1.75) and mighty wing ($2.25)
- Chicken on the Edge: fried chicken livers with Blue Ribbon BBQ sauce and onion rings
- Sides (can be ordered individual or family style): potato wedges, cole slaw, pickled cucumbers, pickled peppers
- Salads: Arugula with white bean goat cheese and roasted red peppers, romaine with artichoke and parmesan
- Selection of Griddled Chicken Burgers: Kerry’s Classic (caramelized pineapple, shredded lettuce), The Pit (sharp cheddar, smoked bacon and Blue Ribbon BBQ Sauce), The Deluxe (shredded lettuce, tomato and pickled cucumbers)
- Wine by the glass and beer by the can ($6)
- Boylans Soda flavors including grape, black cherry, diet root beer, diet cream, Orange soda
- Dessert: home-churned ice cream comes in enticing flavor combinations such as banana-salted caramel, carrot-habanero and honey-vanilla
All this till 2 a.m. daily. Not excited yet? Just look at those filament bulbs!
Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken, 28 E. 1st St., entrance on Second Ave.; 212-228-0404