It’s the closest thing NYC has to Mardi Gras: for the 32nd year, see lovely ladies (and dudes) dressed (or rather, undressed) as mermaids. This year’s King and Queen Neptune are none other than the De Blasio kids, Dante and Chiara. The official afterparty, with live music and burlesque performances, is at MCU Park.
Here’s the parade route:
* The Parade will start at West 21st Street and Surf Avenue
* The Parade will roll east to West 10th Street
* At West 10th Street the Parade will turn south towards the boardwalk
* Cars and Motorized Floats continue down Surf Ave. passing W. 10th Street and exit the parade.
* At the Boardwalk, the marchers and push-pull floats will turn west and head towards West 17th St.
* At Steeplechase Plaza, the Parade will disband.